Reddit Sucks

Is something driving you mad? Bitch about it here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Valknor
Site Admin
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:35 am
Location: Occupied territory formerly known as the U.S.A.

Reddit Sucks

Post by Valknor »

A few years ago my company was promoting the free and open source video game Dixie Ball. So I made a reddit account, and mentioned the game on r/freegames. I thought the response would be good. You wouldn't believe the abuse I received. Among other things, they said to "get this racist trash out of here", told me to go fuck myself, and other things. Next thing I know I'm getting a warning from Reddit's administration telling me I'm violating their rule about promoting hate, and if I get another one I'll be banned. All because of a little ball with a confederate battle flag on it...

But the story doesn't end there. Nope. These militant homosexuals brigaded our itch.io page, and apparently made so many complaints there that they got us taken off the search. Suddenly our downloads flat-lined, never to return. You'd be hard pressed to find a more hateful group of people than on Reddit. They have nothing better to do with their time than try to tear others down. And boy do they ever have a cult going over there. Deviate in the slightest from their ideology and they think you're "literally Hitler"...

I forgot the most hilarious part. I got this from u/RedditCareResources:
Hi there,

A concerned redditor reached out to us about you.

When you're in the middle of something painful, it may feel like you don't have a lot of options. But whatever you're going through, you ...
I can't pull up the whole message anymore, but Reddit was directing me toward suicide prevention resources...
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Post Reply