How has your Fourth of July weekend been?

Stop by to say hello
Valknor
Site Admin

How has your Fourth of July weekend been?

Post by Valknor »

I get depressed during the holiday's on account of all the happy couples out there enjoying each-other's company. I generally go into a manic search for a girlfriend as the fourth approaches, in the hopes that this year I won't see the fireworks show alone. Inevitably I go to the beach solo, consoling myself as I watch the fireworks that it's my nations birthday, and I'm part of something greater than myself.

This year's been a little different. I have no idea what are we celebrating. The American Republic's founders declared independence from the British Crown on July 4th, 1776- something I used to be proud of, and able to celebrate. Now that feels like celebrating some ancient holiday from a long dead civilization. The Republic I knew is gone- it was slowly smothered to death by evil people and apathy. Now the fourth to me seems like an excuse to get drunk and overeat- it has nothing to do with honoring the founders heroic struggle to give us freedom. It's become a commercialized holiday for the consumption addicted residents of what I used to know as the American Republic.

If I go to the fireworks show tomorrow, I'm not certain what I'll feel; but if my reaction to the flag is any indication, it will involve a combination of sorrow for what we have lost, and anger toward the usurpers who destroyed my country. But at least I can take some solace in the knowledge that while my country may be overrun, so long as my race survives, so does my nation.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.